Office Assistant- Job Description
Reports to: Programme Manager
Other relationships: Other members of the management team, the troupe and volunteers plus key stakeholder and partner organisations.
Supporting the office and operations administration as and where needed.
- Set and update meeting dates/deadlines and company timelines
- Update Bitrix24 calendar for every task
- Set family meetings and skypes, take and disseminate minutes
- Maintain filing system of scan, fax and email electronic documents and letters.
- Payments and client follow up
- Income and expenses records
- Maintain digital photo and video records (flickr / Youtube and dropbox) and backups
Other routine and operational tasks:
- Runner – day to day outdoor work such as bank, deliver invoice, cheque collection.
- Day to day date record update – potential clients/supporters/visitors /enquiries /new contacts.
- Assisting the team management in ensuring acts/show /logistics are always professionally carried out.
- Maintain file of gig / workshop details / feedback.
- Maintain records of all monitoring and audiences are kept for every show and workshop.
- Managing and updating all filing systems by using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases.
- Maintain Excel sheet of all artistic materials, organize/responsible for all logistics side regarding travel / outreach.
- Keep up to date Dropbox, helping with quarterly newsletters to the public and stakeholders.
- Responsible for maintaining organisational diary; organising communication, reports, timelines and milestones to the artists and the management team.
- Organizing the office layout, staff meetings, taking notes, scheduling of skype meetings, communications, reporting and sharing reports and milestone time frames.
- Responsible for all logistics of office and support house.
- Artistic materials – list out urgent/necessary/ongoing/need to buy
- Maintaining the condition of the office including supplies of stationery and equipment; costumes, and circus materials and arranging for necessary repairs.
- Assist with organising the recruitment of new staff, including organising training as necessary, induction, promoting staff development and further training.
- Filing and keeping updated all policies (including, but not limited to, health and safety, earthquake, film and photography, environment, child protection).
- Maintain excel record of illness, injury attendance of troupe.
- Ensuring troupe well-being is monitored and concerns/health and safety issues are logged on DB and are reported to Programme Manager.
- Create reports form / file and collect reports on individual task from troupe members.
- Assist the management team to undertake activities as per agreed plans and develop relationships with organisations, corporations and the media to create opportunities for paid and community work (locally, nationally and abroad) and raise awareness about human rights and anti-trafficking.
- Assist in building capacity of the artists, mentoring them in operational understanding and developing their skills towards taking effective leadership of the organisation.
- Ensure external messaging is in line with communication/media plan and all public documents follow style and grammar guide.
Educated to degree level with previous office administration experience. Good level skills in Word & Excel, typing and very good written and verbal English are essential. Also must have a very good eye for detail plus a willing and enthusiastic personality able to fit in well with the team and contribute to its success.
The Office Assistant will receive a monthly basic salary of NPR 15,000 gross including travel allowance, mobile allowance and lunch allowance.
Initially this will be awarded on a 3 month probationary basis.
Please apply with CV, cover letter detailing suitability for the role with email contact details for two referees. If you have any questions related to the position, please be in touch with Sapana on firstname.lastname@example.org